Best 5 Time Saving Pro Tips For Web Designers Working In Webflow
The internet has provided great power, scope and opportunity to many small business people. But how exactly does one conduct business online? What tool do they use to achieve it? Thanks to blogs and websites it is possible for anyone to conduct business online.
While many people are under the misconception that it is impossible to design a blog or website and that you need to hire someone to do it, allow us to state that it’s not exactly true. In fact, anyone can design a blog or website, provided that:
- They have knowledge of using website designing tools
- Have the time to minutely work out details
- Have the knowledge regarding hosting, security measures, etc.
- Have knowledge about SEO (search engine optimization)
‘Anyone can design a blog or website.’ But how does a normal person designing a blog or website differ from a professional web designer? A professional web designer has 3 reasons to be better than amateurs:
- Experience: A pro web designer has lots of experience with website designing tools and knows how it all works.
- Time: A pro web designer devotes their time solely towards the designing of a blog or website.
- Drive: While normal people who design blogs or websites may get easily demotivated or overwhelmed, thus giving up or designing just for the sake of it, a pro web designer has the drive to complete the task thanks to their experience and the abundance of time that they have.
What is Webflow?
Webflow is an American blog and website building firm that is based in San Francisco. Apart from website building, Webflow also offers web hosting services. Webflow has an online visual editor platform that allows users to design, build, and launch websites. So, Webflow is basically where you head to if you need a blog or website. Webflow was founded by Vlad Magdalin, Sergie Magdalin and Bryant Chou, in 2013. Webflow, despite being quite young in the website building and hosting industry, has made quite a name for itself and is now rivalling top website building and hosting services older than it. Some of its competitors include: Squarespace, Wix.com, Webydo and Weebly. Some of the top features of Webflow include:
- Creates responsive website designs
- Has built in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tools
- Flexible tools
- Easy to use page editor
- eCommerce integrated
- Allows users to create or use amazing interactions and animations
- Quick page loading speed
- Offers 99.9% uptime
- User friendly
- Requires zero maintenance
- Is free and allows users to access its tools to design website (they only need to add a site plan and custom domain after completion)
- Has ample documentation to guide users
How it can take up too much time for amateur web designers working in Webflow
Custom web designing is a time-consuming process in general. So, despite the immense power that Webflow bestows upon its users, the biggest problem lies around one simple, straight forward question: ‘Does the user know how to use Webflow?’ Be it any web designing service, users who opt for custom web designing first need to know about what tools they are going to work with, its purpose and its limitations. They need to get a lay of the land before they can effectively utilize the resources provided by Webflow. Web designing is a time-consuming process because:
1) Research needs to be conducted before engaging in web designing, so that you know what the current trends are and what you need to design.
2) Next up you need to come up with a plan of action and this particular skill can only be sharpened by experience.
3) Designing is a manual and monotonous process despite using a drag-and-drop website builder.
5 Best Time saving pro tips for web designers working in Webflow
But worry not! We have had a look at why and how web designing is a time-consuming process. Below are some pro tips that amateur web designers can use to drastically reduce time consumption during web designing:
- Using frameworks:
It is ideal to use existing frameworks or demos that create a ready-made base over which you can easily make customization.
- Knowing the tools:
Spend time going through the documentation and with an expert so that you know what tools you will be working with and how to effectively utilize them.
- Keep it basic:
Do not spend too much time on unnecessary features, stick to what’s needed.
- Work with a time frame:
Work with a time frame so that you can monitor time spent.
- Invest time in planning and gathering:
Spend time in planning and gathering resources prior to engaging in the web designing process so that you don’t run into obstacles during the process.