First of all, we would not say that this is actually all that frequently asked, but that is probably because this is a major concern of ours. We do everything up-front that can be done to avoid these kinds of issues. But compatibility issues do happen.
What causes Web browser display differences?
There are quite a few little things to consider. Here is what Seattle New Media looks at:
- Different Browsers Types (Examples: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.)
- Different Browser Versions (Examples: IE 6, IE 7, IE 8, Firefox 3.5.9, Chrome 4.1, etc.)
- Different Operating Systems (OS) Types (Examples: Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Linux, Mac OS)
- Different Operating Systems (OS) Versions (Examples: Windows 7 Beta build 7000, Mac OS/2 2.0)
- Different Screen Resolution Sizes (Examples: 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x800, 1280x1024, 1680x1050)
- Different Browser Settings, such as Font Sizes
- HTML Errors
- Browser Bugs